Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tutorial 03

Ok we meet again in tutorial 3. This time I learn new things!
  • Select a path, create a new layer & fill it with the background color
  • Create a new Alpha Channel, use the Line Tool to draw pixel-based lines across text
  • Pixelate an image with the Mezzotint Filter & then blur the image with Gaussian Blur
  • Adjust contrast with the Levels Command, use selection as a layer mask & invert pixels
  • Stroke a selected path & customize, apply Spatter from the Filter Gallery
  • Expose grayscale pixels in an underlying layer to achieve a painted effect
  • Place an image over text layer, make new layer from selected path & fill with black
  • Use the Group With Previous Layer Command to group layers in the Layers Palette
These are the streps that I follow :

Firstly, create new layer and copy the path that already in the file and paste it as white to the new layer.

And then create lines through the text to blend it well with the wall. I use different brush sizes. Then I use Mezzotint to make it realistic. It can be found under Filter > Pixalate. After that, I used Gaussian blur to soften the sharp edges.


After masking the effect of the text layer, I find it to hard for the text. I have to make it look like it is painted on the wall. Firstly, I make the original selection of the text in the new mask layer in Channel. Then I stroke it in the center and put some Spatter on it.

Then, I use blending option to adjust the underlying color. It makes the wall go through the text according the amount I wanted.

Here it goes! My final outcome for tutorial 3. Till we meet for my next entry.

No comments: