Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tutorial 04

In these tutorial exercise, I learned how to create a liquid and icy effect using layer styles and also blending option!

Firstly, I have to select the Ink Vector layer. And then I choose Gradient Overlay in the blending option.
After that, I change the gradient color from black to blue. This is to enhance the icy color of the font later on. I also adjusted the angle.

Then, I tick on Inner Shadow. And also adjusted the option in the structure.

Then I apply Drop Shadow to the layer. And then I wanted to apply one more layer of shadow. But Photoshop couldn't allow me to do so. So, I have to use Outer Glow.

In order, to apply one more shadow, I change the blend mode to Multiply and also change the outer glows color.
I apply Bevel and Emboss to create 3d effect.

This is the step where I save all the style. So that I can use the same style in the future.

And then I have to select which layer in the channels that have the more texture, which is the green. Then I copy that channel and apply Gaussian Blur with 1.3 px on it.

I adjusted the level of that layer. And then I define that pattern so I can use for further steps.

This is the step where I use back the pattern that I define before to make the splat layer more look like
Lastly, I open the blending option and then I tick on 'Blend interior effects as group' and the I reduce the fill opacity according to amount that suit.



And this is the outcome!

No comments: