Thursday, November 27, 2008

Project Charter Assignment 1

Assignment 1 Title : Printout Postcard for the theme “Malaysia, Truly Asia”

Project Start Date : 26 November 2008
Project Finish Date : 28 November 2008.

Project Manager : Nurul Farhana binti Musa

Website : http://mcg1014-1051109871.blogspot.com/

Project Objective :
Students are to create a multi-cultural event for a post card. The theme would be “Malaysia, Truly Asia” which is the official slogan for Malaysia Tourism. Students are to show the multi-cultural aspects of Malaysia culture or life as a positive feature to attract tourist into this country.

Approach :
Firstly, I go online and save some beautiful images that related to the postcard topic and have a look at some of the postcard example. And then I use Adobe Photoshop CS2 to finish up my first assignment.

What tools at Photoshop you use to edit the images?
I do use some of the basic tools such as, marquee, lasso, magic wound, etc. I also play with stroke and blur to make those pictures blend well.

Write here about the idea of your postcard, is it your own Idea or References (if you refer to someone else idea)?
Basically, my original idea was to use some trishaw, KLCC, and a group of people wearing traditional costume. But is doesn’t seem very cultural look as the topic is Malaysia, Truly Asia. So, I decided to choose beach – which show a lot like Malaysian weather, an old man flying his kite and an old building, Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad, one of the famous landmark. I also refer to some pictures that I find in Google, but my roommates help me a lot in brainstorming those ideas.


Comment :

It is very hard for me to find very good images while staying in hostel because the internet is very slow. And my computer shut down a few times because of the black-out in the hostel block.

No comments: