Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Making of Assignment 2 - FOM Open Day E-wallpaper

These are my baby step on how to do my e-wallpaper. Firstly, I gather some of the pictures. I tries to snap some pictures on my own, but they turn out to be blurry. So, I have to use the pictures from the internet.

Firstly, I determine the tagline that I'll be using for the e-wallpaper, Open door to chances, FOM Open Day, a new beginning! So, I deciced to use picture of an open door. I found one picture that suit my tagline. So, I edit it in order to get only the door, eliminate the text. I use Clone Stamp.

Then, I took from my previous album, my friends' graduation. Nash, Amani and their friend. I need to eliminate the white section. I go to Select > Color Range and I select the white part. Then I inverse the part, and then bring it to the main file, the door.

As for the body figure, I apply Outer Glow to make it blend well with the black background.

Then, I put up text. Tagline and also the title. And then apply Drop Shadow and Bevel and Emboss.

But for the tagline, I apply Pattern Overlay which I define from the edge of the door. I like the brownish and yellowish color.

As for the logo, I merge the two layer to make it easier for me to move and scale it around.

Next, I write down the details of the event. And I reduce the layer opacity to make it more soft, because before that, I use quite bright yellow.


Tadaaaa! My own e-wallpaper for FOM Open Day!

1 comment:

Arief Sofian said...

...nearly read the last wallie as 'open door'...hehe...btw, great idea...like the 'i-can-see-hope-beyond-this-door"...gives me a sense of 'semangat'...try not to leave white spaces too much...keep up...