Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tutorial 02

In this tutorial, there are many more techniques which been taught, such as,
  • Distructive & nondistructive methods of applying grayscale to an RGB image
  • Colorize a selection with a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer using the Color blend mode
  • Perform a standard grayscale conversion process for comparison make grayscale image, use Hue/Saturation to edit individual color channels
  • Colorize an image with a Hue/ Saturation adjustment layer to look like a sepia tone
  • Draw a path with Pen Tool to make a selection, create new channel from selection
  • Feather the alpha channel selections with the Gaussian blur filter
  • Combine the alpha channels to fine tune the selection, colorize the selection
But as for me, I am not using all those techniques, I just apply some simple technique from the video provided.

For the second tutorial, I have to choose one of the picture given and edit it using the technique in the tutorial video.

This is the original picture which I chose to edit.

Then, I open the picture file in Photoshop.

For the first step, I have to create a new layer, and paint it with black. Then choose Color in the blending layer option in the layer palette as shown in the picture above.


Next, I wanted to color the t-shirt. I simply used Color Range to select the t-shirt. It makes me easy, instead od using Magic Wand. And I still using the same technique, create new layer, and use Color in the blending layer option - same as the first step just now. I can simply change the t-shirt color to any color I like.

For the following step, I want to change the car's color. I use the same step as changing the t-shirt color just now.

So, here is my final result of tutorial 2. Not reach the expectation, I know.

2 comments:

Dr. Graphics said...

nice job... NOW FOR ASSIGNMENT 1 !??? don't forget.. Friday is near.. need documentation..ref..pics...

Dr. Graphics said...

nice job.. Now need to add assignment 1 documentation!!! :-)